As I write this post, I am about 4 days past my due date. I can’t even begin to express the frustration that is building up inside of me but let’s just say it feels like a baby girl that is getting bigger by the week and I need her to come out of me right now. Not to be too much TMI but I’ve been feeling a lot of cramping and I’m hoping our baby girl will join us on the outside soon especially because tomorrow is Mother’s Day. I’m super bummed to be skipping out on this day because our daughter isn’t here yet! Oh well. To all the moms out there, Happy Mother’s Day!
1. The Most Popular Baby Names of 2015: The social security administration just released the list for the top baby names of 2015 with Emma at number one for the ladies and Noah at number one for the gentlemen. We’re still keeping ours a secret but it definitely wasn’t in the Top 10!
2. Morning Routines for Busy Women: I came across this list this very morning and I found it inspiring. Though at the moment, my morning routine consists of absolutely nothing, just a lot of waiting, I’ve always been the kind of person that craves routine because it makes me feel more organized and less stressed. I can definitely say that I’m a morning person and I can’t wait to get back into something semi-consistent.
3. This SMOOTHIE: So I guess this list is mostly about mom stuff but I was so excited to stumble upon this recipe for a post-partum peanut butter and jelly smoothie. It’s funny how over prepared you can be for pregnancy and birth but forget about the “after” part. This cookbook from Heng Ou is brilliant on ways to nourish a new mother. Don’t forget about YOU.
4. 8 Fun Ideas For A Girl’s Night In: Kate Spade is definitely my vice when it comes to anything “fashion”. Everything just always looks so put together and bright and happy. They’re making pajamas now and released this super cute list of ideas for a girl’s night in. Not to be cheesy but this is the kind of thing I sometimes can’t wait to share with our baby girl.
5. Mother’s Day Brunch: I didn’t ask for anything this mother’s day because I’m still very much pregnant and also because I just hate asking for things. Can’t people just read my mind and know what I want already? Here’s a hint: it’s brunch. I love breakfast, like a good full-on breakfast with all the fixings, and maybe a mimosa or sangria. And I love this little menu of a good mother’s day breakfast. Everything looks fresh, healthy and delicious! But also, like, french toast works too.