Ah yes, the end of the week! After I posted my last blog post, I feel like the day sort of went downhill. Petra decided not to nap for the rest of the day, I had some package problems, and lastly, I got sick. I’m not a doctor, obviously, but after a quick internet search, I think I might have Mastitis. I really need to drop the habit of googling symptoms and actually go to the doctor but I’m ok for now. I’ve also been debating taking Petra on the subway so we can take a walk around Manhattan and maybe go to Central Park so I think those might be my weekend plans. In the meantime, he’s some fun internet reads:
1. Winnie: I’ve actually quit Facebook this week and have been spending more time reading articles on Twitter. From TechCrunch, I came across this new app called Winnie. Aimed at parents that like to spend time exploring with little ones, the app shows you kid friendly attractions nearby like parks and kid-friendly restaurants. It even offers details like whether the restaurant is stroller friendly or can accommodate high chairs. I love it!
2. Social Media Etiquette for the Newly Engaged: Obviously when Łukasz and I got engaged, one of the things I did was follow a few wedding blogs on social media to gather inspiration. Style Me Pretty posted this article about social media etiquette do’s and don’ts. I’ve always been a big fan of etiquette, I’ve even read Emily Post books for fun but in this day and age, it’s definitely a little confusing how etiquette plays into our social media lives. This list is definitely perfect.
3. #EverestNoFilter: This, THIS is probably one of my favorite things that happened this week. Two climbers decided to snap chat their way to the top of Everest. What a feat! If you’ve ever wondered what it feels like to be on top of the world, definitely give this a watch. I’ve literally watched this like 3 times so far.
4. Can Tylenol Help Heal a Broken Heart?: The latest essay of Modern Love just really intrigued me but, really, they all do. If you haven’t checked out the New York Times column, you definitely should. They also started a podcast at the end of last year where a celebrity reads a modern love essay followed by a 15 minute discussion with the author. It’s so good and they’re all so heartfelt.
5. Northside Festival: If you guys are in the North Williamsburg area, check out the Northside Festival happening this weekend. It officially started last night but the festivities are ongoing. Last year, they even closed down Bedford Ave.
*Picture source: Tumblr