Finishing week two of my maternity leave, you can see I’ve had plenty of time to do some internet surfing in between watching several episodes of The OC (it’s on Hulu now! Oh high school…) and taking my fur baby out for a suuuuper slow walks. The weather has been lovely but as I get closer and closer to what I hope won’t be the worst pain of my life, my mobility becomes more stagnant. Looking in the mirror, I literally feel like a beach ball that has sprouted arms and legs and it has gotten to the point where, sometimes, I need to help to get out of the bed or off the couch. WHICH I NEVER THOUGHT WOULD HAPPEN. I don’t know why I thought I would be the exception to that rule but here I am, hoping the baby gets here sooner than later. It’s so funny to think about me and how this belly is becoming such a hassle to move with and the baby is in there, floating in a comfy water bed, none the wiser to the outside world.
Speaking of baby (because am I capable of talking about something else at this point?) we’re definitely almost ready to go with her little living space. We definitely cut it close but I couldn’t be more excited to finally have everything organized and ready for baby girl’s arrival. And I’ll definitely be posting pictures once it’s all complete. I can’t believe I only have about 2 and a half more weeks to go. I’m so nervous! I’ve never even broken a bone! Ok, I’ll calm down and save that for a Third Trimester post. In the meantime, my distractions so far:
1. Patagonia Sale: So Łukasz and I have decided that we would be going camping in July with baby girl in tow. It took a while for us to figure whether it would be a good idea or not but we figure, why not? Spending time outdoors is such a big part of our lives, I want our daughter to have a really good feel for that growing up. That being said, Patagonia is having a pretty decent sale with select items at 50% off. And, though baby girl has not voiced this out loud yet, I know we all have something from that sale on our wish list. It couldn’t have come at a better time.
2. Britain’s Got Talent: I came across this video from Huffinton Post Parents about Beau Dermott, a 12 year old contestant belting out the ‘Wicked’ classic Defying Gravity. All I can say is Wow. This girl and that voice! I felt like I was watching the show on Broadway again, she’s that good. It’s also my favorite song to sing when I’m home alone, and only Pierrot needs to be subjected to that nonsense. (And the baby now!)
3. Love Taza: Her blog has been around forever but I love it and after reading through posts for some baby gear review, it was hard for me to stop reading. She’s just so adorable with her bright colors and her cute family. If you’re into those kind of mom blogs, I would stop by.
4. Summer Garden Pasta: Speaking of people I’m obsessing over, let’s talk about Ina Garten for a second and this amazing Pasta. I’m just taken aback and also eating leftovers of it as we speak. It literally says summer to me, with fresh tomatoes and basil and olive oil over angel hair. The only change I made was replacing the Parmesan for feta cheese to give it a more Mediterranean taste. It was amazing and garlicky and delicious. It makes a lot of servings and I can guiltily admit that I’ve already eaten a majority of it. It so good! Make this ASAP.
5. Snapchat vs. Instagram: Snapchat recently beat out Instagram as the number one photo app for teens. Let me just show my age for a little bit and talk about how I’ve never really been a snapchat user. I just didn’t see the point. You take pictures and then they disappear and whyyyy? I’ve always been an Instagram user. I love it! I love the layout and pretty pictures and how it’s more personal in my eyes. Łukasz once told me that he read an article saying the best brand interactions happen on snapchat now. I just don’t understand it! I’m also not a teenager anymore…Which do you guys prefer and use?